Mental Health Resources
Everyone has mental health and at times, it can go up and down. Problems can range from everyday worries and stresses to more serious problems.
There are a range of resources to help get advice and support and you can talk to your GP. If you child attends a school there will also be services in school that they can access.
Camden Councils Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS)
Lists a range of services and agencies, which can help with mental health issues in Camden.
Camden Parents Wellbeing Service
Aims to improve the mental health of parents with the intention of this having a positive impact on the care and mental health of their children.
The Brandon Centre
Help, advice, drop in and appointment based service for young people aged 12 – 24 years.
Supports young people 16 – 24 with education, employment, housing sexual health substance misuse and health and wellbeing.
Aims to empower young people to make informed choices about their mental health and wellbeing.
Helps with a range of issues that a young person is going though.
There is a free phone helpline 0800 1111 available 24 hours a day every day of the year.
Online support for young people
Advice and support for anyone experiencing a mental health problem.
Text 85258 for support for anyone who are anxious worried or stressed
A national helpline to support young people dedicated to the prevention of young suicide. See website for hours.
Tel: 0800 0684141
Tel: 116 123 24 hours 365 day support
- Young Minds (www.youngminds.org.uk) and for e-learning opportunities at Minded (www.minded.org.uk)
- For specific mental health difficulties, see;
- Self Harm (www.selfharm.co.uk)
- National Self Harm Network (www.nhsn.co.uk)
- Prevention of Young Suicide UK – PAPYRUS (www.papyrus-uk.org
- Beat: The Eating Disorder Charity (www.b-eat.co.uk/about-eating-disorders)
- Eating Difficulties in Young Children and When to Worry (www.inourhands.com/eating-difficulties-in-younger-children)
- Anxiety Uk (www.anxietyuk.org.uk)
- OCD UK (www.ocduk.org/ocd)
- Depression Alliance (www.depressionalliance.org/information/what-depression)
- Coping with exam stress (https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/stress-anxiety-depression/coping-with-exam-stress/)