Paths is a re-engagement programme for students with complex educational needs who are disconnected from the education system. It is a new initiative, a work in progress.
Our aim is to:
- Engage disengaged students.
- Work with families to include them in the re-engagement process.
- Reduce student isolation.
- Work with the wider educational system and professional networks to identify students with SEMH needs who are not engaging in education.
- Assess students’ needs as to remove barriers to learning.
- Deliver a bespoke curriculum to students within a manageable timetable.
- Offer a therapeutic component.
- Work collegiately with other professionals to devise creative solutions to educational disengagement.
At Paths we:
- Spend time getting to know our students and their needs. Reintegration is paced appropriately.
- Deliver a tailor-made curriculum for each student which is carefully planned within the context of the wider school offer. Progress is reviewed regularly.
- Work at a pace that students can cope with.
- Offer accreditation and qualifications as appropriate.
- Attend the School Inclusion Panel.
- Offer equine therapy, drama therapy and music.
- Pursue educational assessments as necessary.
- Work co-operatively with other professionals to ensure the best outcomes for our students.
- Recognise progress no matter how small.
- Students become unstuck. They leave their homes, enter the wider world and engage with learning.
- Students and their families are less anxious about education. They move on and make plans for the future.
- Student emotional wellbeing improves.
PLEASE NOTE: Admission for this programme is by SEN Consultation only