Healthy Eating Initiative
One of the main objectives in our application for Gold Healthy School's Status has been to engage with the wider school community, share our experience and support others to help children and young people to maintain or achieve a healthy weight, healthy lifestyle and wellbeing.
We have made really good progress with meeting this objective - teachers have been trying to support through;
- explicit teaching about health in the curriculum
- teaching social and emotional skills particularly competencies such as having a growth mindset, managing stress effectively and the use of our 'Thinking Cards'
- providing opportunities to increase physical activity
- providing more extra-curricular activities
- promoting healthy school food add getting support from local authority
- promoting health and wellbeing through all parts of school life; curriculum, culture, our ethos (of 'Contribution, Cooperation and Contribution') and involving families
This has included activities such as teaching healthy eating lessons, meeting with parents, offering 'loyalty cards' with reward points attached for choosing healthy meal options and a healthy eating week drive.
A report on the impact of all this is below! Well done to everyone involved.
What is important now is that we maintain some of these healthy changes - just click on the logos below or access the attached resources...