Having read the information AND consent statements provided in the letter and on our website please complete this form to let us know if you do or do not provide consent for Serial Testing at the school using the Lateral Flow Test.
As a parent/carer (or young person over 16), you will be consenting / not consenting to the following:
1.For my child to be routinely tested (weekly) as part of the programme
2.For the relevant testing station to keep a record of the test results in line with the government requirements and to follow the guidance set out by the government and NHS using the test kits with which will be provided
Terms of consent
1. I have had the opportunity to consider the information provided by the school/college about the testing, ask questions and have had these answered satisfactorily, based on the information presented in the letter from the school and the attached Privacy Notice.
2. In the case of under 16s, I have discussed the testing with my child and my child is happy to participate. If on the day of testing they do not wish to take part, then they will not be made to do so and consent can be withdrawn at any time ahead of the test.
3. I consent to having / my child having a nose and throat swab for lateral flow tests. I / my child will self-swab if I / my child is able to otherwise I understand that assistance is available
4. I understand that there may be multiple tests required and this consent covers all tests for the below named person. If, on the day of testing I / they do not wish to take part, then I understand I / they will not be made to do so and that consent can be withdrawn at any time ahead of the test.
5. I consent that my / my child’s sample(s) will be tested for the presence of COVID-19.
6. I understand that if my /my child’s result(s) are negative on the lateral flow test I will not be contacted by the school/college except where I am / they are a close contact of a confirmed positive.
7. If the lateral flow test indicates the presence of COVID-19, I commit to ensuring that I / my child is removed from school premises as promptly as possible, bearing in mind I / they may have some anxiety following a positive test result.
8. I understand that I / they will need to self-isolate following a positive lateral flow test result.
9. I agree that if my / my child’s test results are confirmed to be positive from this lateral flow test, I will report this to the school / college and I understand that I/ my child will be required to self-isolate following public health advice.
10. I understand that if a close contact of my child tests positive that my child will self-isolate for 10 days in line with Government guidance.